With over 20 years of commercial litigation and business counseling experience in New York City and National law firms, Alex possesses well developed skills and a sophisticated legal practice. Dedication to a client's individual needs, simplifying the complex, prompt responsiveness, problem solving and an efficient resolution of legal issues are hallmarks of Alex's work ethic and approach to serving a client's interests.
Representative engagements include:
- Defense of CMBS master and special servicers in connection with disputes among lenders in complex, multi-tiered capital stacks, including loan participants, senior/subordinate and pari-passu co-lenders and mezzanine lenders.
- Defense verdict after trial and three year litigation on behalf of international art dealer involving international discovery under the EU Data Protection Act and the Uniform Commercial Code.
- Defense of publisher and newspaper against defamation claim.
- Representation of LLC in Federal Interpleader action involving competing claims to millions of dollars in securities.
- Representation of Investment Bank Trustees in Surrogate's Court
- Prosecution of action and favorable settlement on behalf of Board of Directors in litigation regarding ownership and control of excess development ("air") rights.
- Dismissal of civil racketeering (RICO) complaint.
- Favorable settlement on behalf of commercial property owner in action alleging violations of Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Prosecution of action on behalf of Residential Co-op Board of Directors against Sponsor and Former Managing Agent.
Formerly with Seyfarth Shaw LLP; Mandel, Resnik, Kaiser, Moskowitz & Greenstein; Rosenberg & Estis, and Baer Marks and Upham.
Education: New York Law School - JD; Fordham University - BA Philosophy.